Commercial Appraisal Services
- Highest and Best Use Analysis
- Operating Expense Analysis
(Yellow Book Appraisals)
Commercial Property Types Appraised:
- Commercial Development Land
- Class A, B, & C Office Buildings
Champlain Valley Appraisal Services, PLLC
Brett Schermerhorn Shelburne, VT 05482
Champlain Valley Appraisal Services, PLLC.
- specializes in the valuation of commercial real estate including industrial, office, retail, apartment / multi-family, and vacant development land properties, and other special purpose properties located within Vermont.
- In addition to ongoing market research and database management, significant time is spent on each appraisal for additional research and analysis of specific factors which may influence value. This research includes micro and macroeconomic trends, highest and best use of site as if vacant, highest and best use as improved, legal limitations related to zoning laws, analysis of anticipated change in value related to anticipated changes in zoning laws, analysis of current expenses and income of property (when applicable) as well as estimating potential market rents.
- With every appraisal, the goal is to provide a highly reliable professional appraisal report containing the most relevant up to date market information.
To Order an Appraisal Please Call or Email:
Phone (802) 881-0622
“Brett Schermerhorn has reached his goal to become a top real estate appraiser in the greater Chittenden County area.”
City Assessor of Burlington, VT
“Over the past several months, I have had the pleasure to worth with Brett as he completed a recent appraisal for Northwestern Medical Center. Although this was the first opportunity I had to work with Brett, he has done other appraisal work for NMC in the past. We have found Brett to be thorough and accurate in the work he has done. He is approachable and is skilled in his field of experience. He has spent a significant a significant amount of time over his career to continue to advance himself in the appraisal field. He achieved the highest level of appraisal licensing (certified general appraiser) at the age of 31 and is currently working on finalizing the process of obtaining the MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute. He remains committed to the career of commercial property appraisal.”
Sr. Vice President and CFO
Northwestern Medical Center, Inc.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL
“Brett is a very hard working and successful entrepreneur. He started his own commercial real estate appraisal business in 2010 at the age of 31 and his business has been growing ever since. For the last few years, he has been working towards achieving the MAI designation through the Appraisal Institute, a global association of professional real estate appraisers. The MAI designation requires significant commitment from the appraiser including a high level of education, examinations, professional experience and work review. Brett is a past volunteer EMT with Essex Rescue and is involved with charity events such as marathons and triathlons.”
-Mark Brooks, MAI
President / Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
Allen & Brooks, Inc.
“The Town of Colchester contracted with Brett to complete the appraisals of all the “Class A” office buildings within a specific neighborhood. Brett spent a lot of time to ensure the Town got a good product. This was not an easy assignment, because the data was not easy to come by. Many of the property owners were not willing to cooperate. In the end the appraisals were well thought out and the town was happy with the results. He was easy to work with and he backed up his opinion of value with expertise.”
City Assessor of Colchester, VT